Raissa Robles blogged about Sen. Enrile’s request for hospital arrest during his plunder trial.
“Old age and declining health are reasons the former Senate President Juan Ponce Enrile cited for the court to grant him bail.
The request was accompanied by a May 16, 2014 medical certificate from a Dr. Claver Ramos of Makati Medical Center.
Dr. Ramos, an internist specializing in nephrology listed a long list of ailments that the 90-year-old Enrile has:
1. diabetes mellitus,
3. essential hypertension,
4. extensive coronary artery calcification in the right coronary,
5. left anterior descending and left circumflex,
6. multifocal ventricular premature beats,
7. episodes of bradycardia,
8. colonic diverticulosis,
9. thoracic and lumbar spondylosis L4-L5,
10. alpha thalassemia,
11. macular degeneration,
12. chronic lacunar ischemic zones,
13. scattered small luminal plaques of proximal middle segments of basilar artery, both horizontal and insular opercular branches of middle cerebral arteries”
It seems like the good doctor forgot to include Kleptomania in the list of ailments plaguing the old man.